Saturday, January 16, 2010

Music/50's and 60's and Clay Aiken

Yes, I was around for music of the 50's and 60's.

I was only 1 through 10 years old in the 1950's, but I do recall a lot of the music...and what some really great music there was.

The same can be said for the 60's, and that was even before the Beatles, Woodstock, Sit Ins, Lava lamps, free love and all the psychedelic groovy stuff.
Uhhh no, I don't mean drugs.

Searching back, although I favor the more upbeat tunes of the mid to upper 60's, I have to agree with Clay, there was some GOOD music that came from the earlier years.

I think I've mentioned many times during the year and 1/4 that TrulyNeutral has been open that I don't pay attention to the lyrics. Well, guess what? I've discovered in searching for music of the 50's and 60's that I used to.

It was quite enlightening actually. How the heck did I go from paying attention to lyrics to not paying attention? It had to be the change in music as time went by. Heavy instruments, screaming, screeching quitars and voices you couldn't understand. WOW!

Sure I still love the headbanging, beat pounding bass of a good heavy rock song. Metallica, Rammstein, Van Halen, etc., but damn, I think Clay's onto something when he said there are really good melodies and lyrics in the songs of old. (not a perfect quote, but you get the picture).

Thanks Clay, I think I'm going to like this new cd you're gonna give us.

Here's a selection of songs I enjoyed in the past. It would be nice if some of them made it to Clay's new cd, but if not, I'm going to enjoy them again just the same.

I hope you do too. Love them, hate them? Let me know, I'd love to know what you think.



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

No comments: