Saturday, May 15, 2010

I've been writing my thoughts down this past week, but unfortunately they're incomplete as I'm a bit under the weather. I did promise a new blog, so am going with my recent incomplete thoughts.


1st.....don't worry, there's a Clay connection, so here goes:


AI is boring me to pieces. Soon they will crown the winner and IMO, it won't even be a big deal. Sure some want Crystal, some want Lee, some want Casey, but after it's all said and done, whoopdedoo.


Yes, I still like Crystal, but she hasn't done anything lately to make me think she can carry the title of 'American Idol'.


Ratings have plummeted according to what I'm reading on the WWW. No one celebrity they've had on has saved the day, week or season.


They need Clay. Not that Clay would necessarily do them the favor, but IMO, they need him.


True, while I do believe his fanbase has dwindled....I believe his going back to the show would benefit him with promotion and exposure, and the failing AI show with ratings, drama, and respect on both sides for letting go of anything that may have transpired in the past.


2nd:  *Gulp


I have listened to all of the clips and the full songs that were at Facebook.


I did like CTMEOOY. Clay sounds good. Actually, I think he sounds good on all of them and the band sound is wonderful. There were a few parts where he sings with that 'airy breath' that I'm not fond of, but not enough to be bothered with.


I remember all of these songs from long ago, I am 60 after all. From what I've heard so far, Clay will do them all justice.


Now I'm going to be honest here. I will buy the cd, but right now I can't see myself listening to them more than once or twice. Not the way I did with OMWH (cd) or MOAM. That may change once I hear the whole cd. I'm just not sure yet.


I'm definately looking forward to the concert. IMO, that is where Clay shines.....in front of an audience. His humor, personality, singing to a live audience, just letting himself go. I love that.


I do hope this new cd will give him exposure once again.....he deserves some good exposure. I'm hoping he'll get that and it will lead to more things that he obviously likes to do.


I believe he's a major talent in so many ways, so although this cd doesn't seem to lean towards being a favorite for me, I have faith and hope that his day will come to being recognized for the multi-talented artist he is. I'm just not sure 'Tried and True' will be it.


I still believe. I just think it will take more time.



MySpace-Countdowns



Clay Aiken: Tried And TrueDVD

No comments: