Friday, September 26, 2008

Jaymes vs Fans

Cassandra, I hope you don't mind, but I think this is an excellent viewpoint.

Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a shockwave in the fandom this week, and some people, particularly those that Anonymoose mentions, the overinvested, the naive, have to come to grips with it. Clayland went 180 degrees in a day and (some) people are reeling. If they need to talk it out, they should be able to. I really think, or thought until Jaymes butted in, that it would play itself out and the fandom would grow and change in a good way.

She may be well-intentioned, but Jaymes is not the boss of the fans. She doesn't seem to have much feel for the fan culture at all. I only saw excerpts of her posts because I don't belong to the OFC anymore, but what I saw really extinguished any free speech. We're back to having Fan Police, except this time the Chief is the very important Mother of His Child. Ugh.

I never thought I would feel sorry for the overinvested cult followers, but they deserve at least a little time to digest this week before getting blasted.
Cassandra | 09.26.08 - 6:30 am

No comments: