Sunday, October 25, 2009

Heart and Talent

To me, one of the biggest parts of being a Clay fan was sharing it with other fans.


No, I never met any of them personally, but I did connect with a few at the CB, and boy did we have tons of laughs, fun and drama in those early years. All on the internet. WOW.


Naturally I could see connections other fans had made with each other just by reading their words. Not even being a part of their 'clique', I became an online follower.


They fascinated me , not only with their devotion to Clay, but 'now'.... their devotion to each other; their excitement, their humor, their expertise with technology and all it had to offer....and so on.


There were times in the beginning I thought:

'Okay, so Clay's on time off, but that's ok, I can still go to the CB and enjoy other fans; see what photos they've taken, what crazy silly thread they may have started, what stories their sharing'.


At times, it wasn't even about Clay then. Obviosly I can only speak for myself, but I do believe it was that way for a lot of us.


In my opinion, it was a sad day when the fandom started falling apart.


Yes, selfishly, not only because of what it meant for Clay, but what it meant for a lot of us that had shared an experience that will most likely not happen ever again.


I've gotten used to that now, but one thing I most definately miss is the talent of some of the best montage makers there were.


Not everyone liked them, but I did sure did...and do; whether they be serious, silly, naughty, it didn't matter. It was fans sharing their heart and talent with other fans.


That was a special time back then, in the earlier days.

"Oh yes, it was".


A few of my favorites:












For the record, there are so many other montage makers whose

talent I truly appreciate as well, that aren't shown here.

No comments: