Sunday, March 1, 2009

Covers? Really?

I don't like repeats on tv, can't watch a movie over and over again, hardly ever listen to a music cd more than 3 or 4 times, and freeze leftovers right away so I don't have to eat the same meal twice in a row, even if I have to eat crackers for the next meal. No kidding.

Covers? Repeat music? Music that I've NEVER EVER bought from any other cover artist and never will!

Sure, I bought ATDW and I enjoyed Broken Wings. Have I listened to it since a month after it was released? No, I haven't. Will I ever locate it and play it again? Never say never, but probably not.

The songs on it? Well, they're slow. Too slow and too boring.

I may be of the older generation, but that includes the 60's, the Woodstock hippy era, the disco dancin' get up and boogie era, the 80's headbanging guitar riffing heavy metal era.

I'm not an old sole when it comes to music. I like listening to beats that make me happy, make me wanna move....not stand in an elevator and go up and down from one floor to another.

Clay, not that it matters what I think, but I do believe you should do what you feel is right for you. I really really hope though, that you realize that SLOW covers is probably not what your fans want to hear. IMO.

If you feel covers is right for you, I hope you're considering songs that have some good upbeat tempos... songs them have a lively feel to them.

We know you can do it. The JBT proved that and it's probably one of, if not the, happiest times I recall seeing your fans during a tour.

......And then there's the Demo Music. No cd titles are even needed to make that statement. We all know Clay's demo music. (Witness the music player below). Awesome stuff you did there Clay....slow sounds and all. WOW!


What say you record or officially release those songs? That would be totally .


So, I guess I'm done venting for now.

----->>>> Faster covers, Clay <<<<-----



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

No comments: