Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Clay changes his voter registration.

In a nutshell:

Clay will change his voter registration from Wake County, but he will continue to express his viewpoint against the schoolboard.

Quote Clay: "I may not be able to effect change through my vote, but I will join other concerned citizens in speaking truth to those who would reverse decades of progress in Wake County schools. I stand by my opposition to policies that threaten to resegregate schools and eliminate diversity. These policies will not prepare children for the larger world."

And, "Policies based on campaign rhetoric will leave behind the very children who need help the most. I urge the newly elected School Board members to consider the needs of all Wake County school children, not just a few. Wake County was a special place to grow up, and remains a great American community, because of its diversity, because of its progressive schools, because people take care of each other.

I urge the new board members to slow down, look beyond their own campaign agenda, and begin to govern responsibly with the needs of all children in mind. If they do not, the people of Wake County will hold them accountable. Regardless of my own voter registration, I will continue to speak up for all children of a place I will always consider home."


Yes, I know I basically put Clay's blog up here, but it's not as though it wasn't already in the google alerts and already public info.

Besides, Clay might want his opinion on this known outside of the OFC as it is of public interest.

I hope now we can move on and soon hear more about his career and his plans for the upcoming cd.

No comments: